That word invokes so much emotion. While we all may feel something different when thinking about family, we all still feel something.
When you are going through a divorce or any family issue, it can be difficult to think clearly and make solid decisions. Emotions are running high, and sometimes get the best of us.
An experienced family law attorney can offer insight into the legal issues and support during these stressful times.
At the Fort Walton Beach law offices of Aaron B. Wentz, P.A., we are committed to providing a high level of personal service for our clients.
Our approach is this:
- Help you understand your legal options
- Be an advocate for your rights
Our Family Experience
Aaron B. Wentz has been practicing law in Florida civil and family courts for over a decade, and understands the complex and ever-changing laws in Florida.
Our office regularly has access to electronic resources and publications to keep us on the brink of developments related to family law and divorce.
- Marital property
- Division of retirement benefits and military benefits
- Child custody
- Child support
- And other issues of concern during divorce
Attorney Wentz is committed to protecting the rights of our clients through negotiation or litigation and to helping them develop realistic, long-term solutions.
He advises and represents our clients throughout the divorce process, making sure their legal interests are protected whether in a divorce settlement or at trial.
Family Law Areas We Handle
We handle a wide variety of divorce, post-divorce and family law issues:
- Simple or complex and substantial marital asset division, including division of pensions and retirement benefits, insurance, 401(k) plans, IRAs, QDROs and military retirement benefits
- Child custody and visitation arrangements
- Interstate jurisdiction cases involving child custody
- Parental relocation (“move away”) cases (especially important for military families when one parent receives a PCS order (permanent change of service))
- Determination of child support under the Florida Child Support Guidelines
- Determination of spousal support (“alimony”)
- Visitation and child support enforcement
- Modification of family court orders
- We also understand that our clients face other family law concerns besides a divorce. As in all our practice areas, we are dedicated to providing a high level of personal service to our clients, no matter what their legal concerns may be:
- Establishment of legal paternity/parentage and parental rights
- Domestic violence and protection orders
- Prenuptial agreements